Amazing Munising


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Munising
November 17th 2010
Published: November 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Munising is AMAZING!



Yes, that is correct! Munising, Michigan. A tad closer that all the way across the state from where I live, on a diagonal. A half-day's worth of flight hours in an LSA or a full day's worth of driving practice just to arrive for lunch or dinner! So, you ask, why is Munising so attractive and amazing?!

Simple. There are two simple reasons.


* The parks and shoreline (i.e. the scenery)
* The food (esp. the pizza varieties!)


I will explain the one closer to heart first.

The pizza is just so amazing! When I visited back in my middle school days, there were no less than three pizza parlors selling all sorts of unheard-of delicacies in the form of an ancient Italian cheeseplate.

There's anchovy pizza, artichoke pizza, and the one we had was spicy mushroom pizza. There's a place where there once worked a man who consistently wore a "Pizza Nazi" shirt to work. This place we ate at. It was so delicious, I have developed a taste for spicy mushroom pizza that fifteen years to the day still cannot be shaken off.

Now for the scenery.

Munising, Michigan is close to the Pictured Rocks National Park, one of several National Park Service estates right here in Michigan. Pictured Rocks tours are generally during the summer, but rumor has it that there are private tours that go the year round.

You can visit the Rocks from the lake by boat, and peruse historical shipwrecks (just make sure you don't get in one), or you can hike the polymile trails that snake through the forests. It is quite amazing.

Then there are the beautiful waterfalls, the small, mystic caves, and the lush vegetation during the spring and summer months.

So if you are in Michigan in the summer, and you want to go surfing in Hawai'i or visit Kaifeng to see the natural wonders of the world, why not just stay in the USA and head "up North", as they say, and visit Paradise in our own state?

It's easy on the checkbook too.

Give it some food for thought.

In a couple of hours, this article will be mirrored on the Traveling Friends of Drake Snow forums as well. Check my profile for more info. Thanks for reading. Hope you will enjoy a trip to The Hand sometime?

Also please keep watching my blog as I write a lengthy, poly-article series called The Case for Michigan in a couple of weeks. ~ Drake

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb