The New Sled


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Hancock
December 22nd 2009
Published: December 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

The New SledThe New SledThe New Sled

It'll never be this clean again.
I got up early this morning to get over to Keweenaw Motorsports to pick up the new sled. Of course I had to drop off my machine for some minor maintenance that turned out to be a little more than minor. As a matter of fact, it's going to stay here through the holidays waiting for some parts. So, I'll be coming home with only Jan's new sled. I hope she let's me ride it! Oh, that's right. I rode it 60 miles today.....just to break it in and make sure it'll be good for Jan. It's a 2009 Skidoo MXZ Adrenaline 600 Etec----They sure have long names for these things today. They used to just be Panther or Blizzard in the old days.

It was a beautiful, sunny day up here, just perfect with temps in the 20's. A local guy said, "yep, 5 hours of sunshine before 5 more days of snow." That's about as accurate a weather forecast as you'll get in these parts.

One thing I wanted to say for all of you who have never snowmobiled. Bryan knows this quote well. I've never been as cold on a snowmobile as I have been at times on a motorcycle. With the correct clothing and all the activity of riding, you're more likely to sweat than be cold. Just a thought that I wanted to pass on. Also, a lot of people think we're nuts for being in these places in this weather. There are several factors that make people love this crazy sport. First, you have to love the outdoors. The scenery is wonderful. Then there is the exhilaration of the ride and speed. That adds to the fun. And lastly, there are the people who snowmobile that you meet. 90+% are just real good folks. There's a tremendous sense of freedom riding outdoors in remote places. Ayway, those are some of the reasons that we snowmobilers participate in what must seem a crazy sport to a lot of people.

It's Wednesday morning and time to hit the road and get home for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to All.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Just Off the Trailer Just Off the Trailer
Just Off the Trailer

In the Ramada parking lot.
Houghton-Hancock Bridge Houghton-Hancock Bridge
Houghton-Hancock Bridge

From the Houghton (south) side of the channel. They put mats down on the lower level and dump snow on the mats so the snowmobles can cross the bridge.


23rd December 2009

Have enjoyed this end of year sojourn of yours, as sit here sweltering in 36+ degrees.... temperatures we should not even have till February. It has been nice and cooling.
23rd December 2009

I enjoy reading about your travels almost as much as you do! Have a safe ride home and Merry Christmas to you! Jackie
24th December 2009

Hi Lucy
Thanks for the comment. Maybe I should be bringing Jan to Australia to get away from winter. Merry Christmas
24th December 2009

Jackie's Comments
Thanks for writing them. I get a kick out of reading them.
24th December 2009

Jan's sled
Bob, That was reeeeeeealy nice of you to get Jan one the of the nicest sleds on the planet. Maybe she will let you ride once or twice! Looking forward to our ride in 3 weeks. Merry Christmas!! Rich
25th December 2009

Jan's Sled
I do have big heart. Don't I???

Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 115; dbt: 0.1391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb