2:00p.m.-3:40pm Detroit Airport to Nagoya, Japan


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Detroit
September 26th 2013
Published: September 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Our 747 is getting prepared for the 12- hour flight.
I forgot to post this entry. Pastor Corey works on homework while I walk the airport and ride the tram with Laura Carpenter. We board a two-level air bus with 366 people headed for Nagoya, Japan. There are three sections of seats seating ten people along the width of the plane. I am in the middle section with my son, Corey, and two other team members- the two Barbies (Barbie Washington and Barbara Bourn). We are smashed in like sardines. Luckily, we all have our own televisions, and we can watch movies, play games, or listen to music. Ear buds are given to each person. A steady supply of snacks, drinks, and even meals are provided. I chose beef with rice, salad, shrimp cocktail, and a brownie. While it sounds delightful, it is microwaved airline food, but I am thankful for each bite. God has provided, and I am grateful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

imageimage
image

The airport tram takes you to different places in the airport and is much faster than walking.
imageimage
image

Lunch served on the plane
imageimage
image

My son, Corey, seated on the plane.
imageimage
image

Our trip leader, Keith, hasn't slept for 24 hours. He was listening to music and playing the air drums before trying to take an unsuccessful nap.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb