The Case for Michigan (Essay 1)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Detroit
February 7th 2011
Published: February 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Case for Michigan


Essay No. 1

Executive Summary


Detroit is a wonderful city, with hospitable people, delicious and varied cuisines, excellent cultural opportunities, and better security than what most people think. This article will discuss Detroit, Michigan and the reasons why you should either visit or come to live here. Read on...

Detroit: The People


The people of Detroit are nice and friendly. This is a state not known for abject and extreme violence, and with the exception of some lamers in nearby Adrian County, most Detroiters as well as most Michiganders are fairly nice and hospitable individuals. Come to this state, see the cities, the forests and rivers, and one soon realizes that all the bunk propaganda made by people who have never lived in this great state are just that: Bunk Propaganda.

Intended to deceive, no less.

Michigan is a wonderful state from the point of view of the forests and rivers and green-as-money grass. But for this essay, let us focus on Detroit. The city of dreams.

Detroiters have a long history and a legacy of greatness which is in everyone's minds all the time. Starting out as an Algonquin village on the passageway between Lake Huron and Lake Erie (which, needless to say, were named very differently back then), later settled as a French trading outpost, taken over by the British, liberated by American forces, and then becoming an industrial giant, first with teapots, then with cereal distribution, next, automobiles, and now (starting soon) cinema, Detroit is a city with a bad-fanny legacy to live up to. The residents of this massively destined city know this always, and everyone, from street cops to CEO's, know that they must do their part to make Detroit a great city for the visitation and enjoyment of the masses. Not to mention that Detroit, long a familiar member of both the group of bohemian cities as well as its violent offspring, "cities likely to have riots", is no stranger to darkness; thus, not only do new service-members from Detroit find warzones to be quite like home, but also it is within the reach and duty of every resident to fix this issue. Which is to say, an issue that stems from Detroit's cosmopolitan credentials but also breeds its own temporary doom at certain points along the timeline.

It should be remembered, though, that Detroit has a long history, stretching back in time at least seven hundred years, longer than the USA has been around; therefore, it is highly unlikely that the city (or the state) will die of bad economics or downtrodden communities any time soon. We have survived, we survive, and we will survive no matter what. That is just nothing more that our way of life.

The Culture


Detroit's culture is one of hardworking work ethics and easy and no-mind relaxation. In Detroit and the rest of Michigan, the work ethic is pretty much the same: work or die. We don't work because we're enslaved to work; rather, we work because we like it. We do what we like, and that is, creating stuff. Like cars, or crafts, or movies (in some areas). On the other hand, when we need to relax, we don't think about work. It would drive us insane to do that. We also do not understand nor comprehend the utter lack of real R & R the way New Yorkers tend to behave. If we need to wind down, we do so without question. To think about work when it is not work time is like a one-way ticket straight to Heck.

The Food


As Detroit happens to be a bohemian city, the food is fairly diverse and varied too. Then factor in the fact that Michigan was (and still is) settled by people whom could be realistically described as having symptoms of ADHD (or just, in the very least, not being able to sit still), and one starts to see why Detroiters and Michiganders are so interested in new tastes and fashions, regardless of where they are from.

In Detroit, you can eat Native food, Chinese cuisine, Korean takeouts, Greek cuisine, French gourmets, Latino food, Health food, Arabic and Chaldean cuisines, and much more. It doesn't matter where you are from, if you live in Detroit, it is your duty to eat with your neighbor regardless of where he/she is from!

Security


Detroit is not the most safe city, especially at night, but in Detroit, and not very many other places, we don't walk around the streets and suburbs with threat matrices and trying to figure out whom is a terrorist whom we can trust. Due to the cosmopolitan nature of our city, that is impossible. Thus we get along fine with our neighbors, until their teenage son's death metal music starts to tick us off...

Conclusion


Detroit is an excellent city to visit. Better yet to stay. Detroit has many great sights, sites, and sides to the city which even a lifetime will not allow one total familiarity. This is definitely a city to live in. Exploration is mandatory. Why not you come to live in our great city (or state of Michigan) today? The living's fine, and the times are just right to buy a home here and really live like you were meant to live!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.1kb