Mattapoisett


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts
September 3rd 2016
Published: September 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Dinner Party at 8 MainDinner Party at 8 MainDinner Party at 8 Main

Some of the best wine you will find anywhere.
We started this day with a round of golf at the Bay Club. I rode with my friend, Betsy Butler, who is a fabulous golfer (and tennis, and croquet, etc..). We were paired with our host Merry McCleary and another guest Sam. We watched as Merry and Betsy battled for the gold. Betsy edged out a victory but soon committed for a rematch with Merry on Sunday. I played my usual game. I had a few pars, no birdies and a number of bogies. But it was fun. The course is in good shape with fast greens.

After golf, we took time to relax before walking over to 8 Main Street for the highlight of the weekend. We had an outdoor dinner with more than 50 friends and family in attendance. That's a lot to feed at the same time. As with other years, the food and wine were excellent. We were then treated to Trav's home made ice-cream. I was full before the ice cream and more full after.

Then it was time for "Hang 8." That's the name of Mitch's bar in his converted garage. I am so envious. It is perfect in size. He has a fantastic collection of whiskeys and other spirits.

The TV there was tuned into football. That's good news and bad. I was able to keep up with the Auburn game which started at 9:00pm. Sadly, they lost but made a good showing against the 2nd ranked team in the nation.

Mitch has the perfect fire-pit in his yard. We spent the remainder of the evening around the pit swapping stories. Jackie, Ann, Merry, Farah and Betsy disappeared for a while and then returned to put on an Olympic-styled dance with ribbons. It is hard to explain. My photos do not do it justice. You had to be there to appreciate this precision dance routine.

It was early on Sunday morning before we drifted back to #2 Main, our home for the weekend.

Congrats to our hosts for a great evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Dinner Party at 8 MainDinner Party at 8 Main
Dinner Party at 8 Main

Our hosts Ann and Merry.
Dinner Party at 8 MainDinner Party at 8 Main
Dinner Party at 8 Main

Merry's brother, Mitch, and his wife Debbie. Our other hosts.
Dinner Party at 8 MainDinner Party at 8 Main
Dinner Party at 8 Main

Our friends Betsy and Farah.
Dinner Party at 8 MainDinner Party at 8 Main
Dinner Party at 8 Main

Ice cream maker, Trav and wife Judy.
Dinner Party at 8 MainDinner Party at 8 Main
Dinner Party at 8 Main

The performance. Breathtaking.
Dinner Party at 8 MainDinner Party at 8 Main
Dinner Party at 8 Main

These girls are good!
Dinner Party at 8 MainDinner Party at 8 Main
Dinner Party at 8 Main

Late night. Siblings Merry and Mitch.


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb