The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves


Advertisement
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Friday was, as previously mentioned, the “Disney Death March”.



We got to Animal Kingdom later than planned (breakfast was good) but it seems lines of communications got crossed and we rushed needlessly as Michael was not getting to the park until 11:00. Since we needed him to get into the park we stood and watched an awful lot of trams come from the parking lot and empty out before we could enter.



Once inside we had a plan: Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids, Safari Walk, the “Bird Show” and Expedition Everest.



We walked briskly towards the Safari ride, once we all agreed which direction it was. 20 minutes of wait and we were off..<span> It was a good call. Michael had said early in the day was best, before the heat of the day starts keeping the animals down.<span> I saw more animals on this one ride during this visit than I saw the two times we rode combined, the last time Linda and I were there.



Kali Rapids ride? Awesome as ever!<span> Cheryl and Craig got SOAKED…tee, hee, hee.



We did the safari walk very quickly.<span> We did not see fruit bats hanging from ropes peeing this time. No tigers attempted to eat Linda this time. <span> Craig had a great time taking pictures in the bird enclosure.



Next was the “Bird Show” (I forget exactly what they called it).<span> It was pretty much the exact same as it was last time Linda and I saw it seven years ago, but still good to see the great job they have done training these birds. The best part is they asked for volunteers from the audience and specifically wanted people with still/video cameras. I didn’t want to raise my hand but EVERYONE with me insisted I should put my hand up. I did. They picked me!!<span> So I got up on stage while they flew a Eurasian Eagle Owl (my absolute FAVOURITE owl).



Next was the Expedition Everest ride. It was very exciting because it was under construction last time and it looked really good now that it was done. There was a pretty short line.<span> IT WAS GREAT! My favorite ride used to be “Thunder Mountain” (which was closed while we were there!) over in the Magic Kingdom, now it is Expedition Everest. The height, the speed, the going BACKWARDS?<span> Awesome.



A quick lunch and then off to the next park, Disney Hollywood Studios park.



We went straight for Muppets 3D when we got there.<span> We knew that Cheryl’s nephew Brian was working the attraction that day. We wanted to see him in action. Afterwards, we got “backstage” and got some good photo’s of us with Brian as “Sweetums”.



From there a quick trip to the Tower of Terror.<span> There was, essentially, no line. Great as ever. After that was the Aerosmith Rockin Roller Coaster.<span> This was the longest wait we had experienced so far that day (except for Mike to get to Animal Kingdom..) <span> but certainly worth it.<span> The more I think about it, I might have to demote Thunder Mountain to number 3.



Off to Epcot.



The original desire was to try to drink our way around the World pavilion. We did not get to Epcot until 8:30. We were all weary from being on our feet for most of the day, tempers were starting to fray and we were desperately hungry. We ended up at the Nine Dragons in the China pavilion. Sitting for an hour, eating some very nice food and a couple of beers..we abandoned any and all hope of drinking the rest of the way around. <span> We were off to the ride Soarin’ from there. We had a pretty long wait for that as well, about 40 minutes. After that Cheryl and Craig were done; they began heading back to the room. <span> I did not want to call it a night just yet and talked Linda into going on Spaceship Earth.



After that we were done too. We could barely walk. We could not keep our eyes open.



We got back to the room..11:15? 11:30? A nearly 17 hour day of go, go go! C&C said they had got there only a few minutes ahead of us. Time for bed.<span> Tomorrow was check out, driving to Mike and Amanda’s, then driving to Sarasota to see the new apartment and back to Mike and Amanda’s

I intend to pot the last installment covering the trip tomorrow (Covering Staurday and Sunday), hopefully we will have some pics to add as well.

Be Well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb