Cape Cod


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Hyannis
September 19th 2022
Published: October 28th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We took the train from New York to Providence, RI. We walked from the train station to Avis where we had reserved a car. After picking up our car we drove one and a half hours to Hyannis. We checked into the Sea Coast Inn which is just a few blocks from the port and downtown Hyannis. After checking in we walked to Spanky’s Clam Shack for a great seafood dinner. After dinner we walked down Hyannis Main Street and checked out the shops.
Our first full day in Cape Cod we drive to Provincetown. Provincetown is at the northern tip of Cape Cod. Provincetown is the site of the Mayflower landing in 1620. The town is called P-town by locals is a haven for artists, lesbians and gay men. The town was full of tourists and the streets were full of art galleries, trinket shops and restaurants. We ate at a restaurant with a view of the water. At night we walk down to Hyannis, the street is closed off and entertainers are in the street as well as shops selling merchandise. I bought a Cape Cod sweat shirt. We eat at Spanky’s Crab Shack again, the food is so good.

Today we go to the beach. Our hotel has beach chairs, beach towels and an umbrella to use so that is nice. The beach is windy but full of people. After the beach we have lunch in a small town in a colonial building. After lunch we head to a cranberry festival. Lots of artists and beer booths. It is fun to experiance life in Cape Cod.
Our short visit is
over and we drive back to Provence to catch the train to Boston.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb