If You Visit Provincetown MA


Advertisement
Published: August 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Provincetown is 20 miles from Sandwich and more than 20 miles from any other port. So we visit here infrequently and plan for a stay of several days.

If you do not want to pay for dock space, Provincetown Marina also has comfortable moorings and launch service.

Anchoring is possible round the edges of the enormous bay and I have anchored a couple of times. But I never found a good anchoring spot that was anywhere close to town. And tides here are ten feet or more, which makes it very tricky to leave a dinghy on the beach for more than a couple of hours. So these days, we pay for a mooring or dock-space.

If you need provisions, walk in either direction along Commercial Street and you will find a little general store that sells everthing a vacationer or a sailor needs to eat, including a fair selection of gourmet items. While here, of course, you have the option of dining ashore for every meal ... :-)

The Fast Ferry to Boston departs from the pier next to the marina, so this is a convenient place to pick up or drop off crew.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb