Traveling back to Brookline, Holy Cross Seminary


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Brookline
August 19th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.3335, -71.1205

We slept pretty good. We did stay up til nearly midnight to watch the Olympics. It was good to see some Track and Field and Water Polo.

After breakfast, I decided to go ahead and do 2 loads of wash at the Hotel. I figure our plans might change and we had time, since we were not planning to leave the hotel until around 10:30am. Good thing we did the 2 loads of wash. Glad I got that out of the way.

There was a letterbox just .5 miles from the hotel, so we stopped at the Cemetery and found the Letter box. This Cemetery had grave sites from the 1700's. This particular cemetery in Merrimack, NH, has the burial site for Matthew Thornton, who was one of the signer of the Declaration of Independence. He was a farmer, judge and doctor plus a father of 5. The Letterbox was behind the tree line. Glad to get that one done.

Karen drove us back to Boston. We stopped to fill up for gas and me to go to the potty. Then we stopped at the grocery store for Thomas to make us some chicken soup.

We changed our minds about lunch, after arriving later than expected. I love to see the expression on Thomas' face when he see's the Bicycle that Karen purchased for him. He loves it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb