Boston, Massachusetts


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 4th 2006
Published: October 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Boston was fun and experiencing the history behind this old city was a great learning experience. We did all the obligatory things such as the Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, Newbury Street etc... We also did something that ended up being very interesting: the freedom trail. This is a trail that meanders through the city for about 2.5-3 miles, taking you to significant monuments and buildings. The trail is marked by a red line on the sidewalks and is a breeze to follow. You can see several pictures taken on the way. We also went to the Harvard campus which is beautiful, however full of overly smart and nerdy people 😊! The students there hardly smile and their skin tone is whiter than a triple bleached bed sheet. However, the campus is impressive and inspiring.
As we were leaving Boston, we had to drive through the Big Dig. For those not familiar with it, it is a massive project that recently got completed and involved burying all the elevated expressways that sliced the city in half. It included huge tunnels and an enormous suspended bridge (10 lanes). The project is now notorious for exceeding its budget (by billions of dollars) and for falling concrete panels that killed a person this year. It sure is impressive but it seems it has not solved any traffic problems.... we had to sit in the tunnels for quite a while!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 82; dbt: 0.0884s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb