Boston * 08 - 13.10.2016


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 28th 2016
Published: October 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The first 2 hours of our time in the USA wasn't so great.. Rick was picked out to be questioned about the reason he was coming to the country. I didn't know what was going on and waited outside.. and I waited.. and waited.. When he finally came out of the room he told me he had to wait in a room with a bunch of people to be called forward. The whole conversation took only 5 minutes.

So glad we could move on! It took us quite some time to get to the house we were staying at. When we finally arrived we were absolutely knackered, but Savannah -our host- thought it would be fun to go out with us and the other 2 couchsurfers she had over. We felt bad to say no and decided to come with her. When we arrived at the bar they told me I should have taken my passport. How should I know? So we -just me and Rick- went back to the hous and ended up falling asleep.

The next day Savannah had to work and we were picked up by Rick's friend Richard and his girlfriend Sarah. The 4 of us went to a sportsbar for some drinks. I had Downeast cider, best cider I ever tasted! After that we went to a Mexican bar/restaurant where we had some tequila, tacos, margaritas and some more tequila! Haha We had great fun and because they didn't want to go home yet they asked Sarah's cousin if they could stay at their place. We ended up spending the evening at that place. Sarah's cousin & girlfriend made some home-made chili con carne and for dessert we had warm apple pie with vanilla ice YUMM! Then we played "Cards against humanity" until we went back to Savannah's place.

On monday we had to leave that house because she could only host in the weekends. Luckily we found another place to stay. This time we stayed with Corey in Jamaica Plain, a very nice neighbourhood! There was plenty of things to do, so we spent all day there with Corey.

The next day we went downtown and followed the Freedom trail. This was a red brickroad you could follow through the city and pass famous buildings. at the end we took the watertaxi back to the nort end. This way we had a great view over Boston's skyline and we could take the metro back to Jamaica Plain from there.

Wednesday we went to the Harvard University. It actually wasn't as big as thought it would be, so it didn't take much time to walk through. We walked along rhe river towards Backbay, where we visited the library. Then we headed back because Rick was going to cook pasta for us! :D

That was our last day in Boston. The next day we took the Bolt Bus to New York, the city that never sleeps!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb