Jackson to Boston Airport: Oct 14/15


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 15th 2013
Published: October 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Monday:We may not have seen a brown bear in the White Mountains, but when we left our apartment it was clear that 'daddy bear' had visited in the night - the rather large communal trash bin (aka dumpster) had been emptied onto the car park. Today's objective was to potter down to Manchester and the first stop was Center Harbor - this ticked two boxes, firstly, a coffee stop and secondly, the chance for us to view Lake Winnipesaukee on a bright sunny day. Next came the the highlight of the day - a Shaker Village. It's rare that my gnat-like concentration span will cope with a 90 minutes 'narrative' tour - it did this time!! I'm now ready for the quiz question 'Why are Shakers so-called?'. After the tour we looked around other buildings on our own before heading off for Manchester. At night Kate tried the tilapia fish in a lime chilli sauce (good call!!) and I had sweet potato fries with my bison burger - these fries were a distinct improvement on normal fries.

Tuesday: Last day in USA. The plan was to take in Louisa May Alcott's house (Little Woman) in Concord (MA). This tested our navigation skills to their limit, but eventually (via a very meandering route) we found said building. The guided tour was, again, excellent and offered full access to the rooms. As we were already in Concord we then quickly visited the North Bridge (scene of the first conflict in the War of Independence). It was now off to the airport - as I type we've checked in, passed through security and are sitting in Departures....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb