Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
September 8th 2008
Published: September 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 74- Sunday

Reflecting on yesterday, my highlights were the Boston Public Library and the the " Make way for ducklings scenarios, both live and bronze in the Boston Common.

Today I set off on a trolley "hop on, hop off tour" with additional support from the Boston subway. It was a glorious late summer's day, perfect for wandering around going in and out of famous edifices and walking around. I guess today's highlight was the JFK presidential library. After enjoying the great James Garner, Jack Lemmon movie "My Fellow Americans" I had to check out at least one presidential library. So the JFK in Boston seemed the obvious contender. It was wonderful! In a fantastic harbourside location with magnificent views across the bay...a most impressive recreation of his campaign and key aspects of his presidency.

I also went out to Harvard and wandered around there. I actually encountered the massive photo op of 3500 new students gathered for their initial photo shoot on the library steps in the HArvard Yard. So many ecstatically proud parents there ...students carrying mattresses and unloading U-haul vans. Madness and mayhem. Another really hectic day of sightseeing. But wonderful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

3 in one 3 in one
3 in one

Our amphibious "duck' and Trinity Church reflected in the John Hancock building.
Make way for Ducklings!Make way for Ducklings!
Make way for Ducklings!

Bronze tribute to Robert McCloskey's delightful picture book , focussed on the Boston Common.
JKF LibraryJKF Library
JKF Library

on the harbour at Boston
"A little light in the belfry""A little light in the belfry"
"A little light in the belfry"

The Old North Church, featured in Paul Revere's ride. DAtes from 1723. Viewed across the bay from the JFK library , looking north to the city if Boston.


Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb