Rain in Mass.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
November 3rd 2007
Published: November 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today it was cold and rained. We went and Robyn shopped for a while on Newbury St. Then we got a hot apple cider at our favorite cafe, Espresso Royal Cafe!

I had wanted to tour the Sam Adam’s factory so we headed up there on the T. We were afraid we weren’t going to make the last tour but to our astonishment we did make it, but they were so booked up that they didn’t have another tour until 4:30PM (a full hour and a half later). So Robyn took my photo in front of some memorabilia in the lobby and we split. We didn’t have time for that shenanigans. We had a show to catch. We grabbed a clam chowder at Legal Seafood because I had read that it was the best in town, not For ME!!

Then we picked up Gus and went to the Colonial Theater to see Sweeney Todd. I wanted to see it on stage before the film comes out this Christmas. The seats we got were terrible, right behind a pole. But after a little musical chairs right before it started we had great seats! It was a very good production. The cast was very solid. I’m curious what it would have been like with the regular Sweeney Todd (we got the understudy) but on the whole it was a riveting show that really makes one leave the theater thinking and talking. Speaking of leaving the theater, when we were all filing out there was a skirmish at the little table that sells the CD and shit about Sweeney Todd. The guy behind the table said in a very loud voice so everyone turned around “Sir, please remove yourself from the theater!”. I think that guy missed being on stage, and wanted all those people to turn and look at him telling this guy to leave in a very melodramatic tone.

After the show we hopped on the T and made our way up to Harvard Square for deserts at Finale’s. A wonderful Crème Brule and a molten chocolate cake accompanied our port wines and martini’s. Yes, we were, “living it up”.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb