Boston!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
July 30th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We'd been looking forward to Boston for most of the trip, and we really had an awesome time while we were there. The first night, we went into town to visit Danielle's friend Erin. She lives in teh North End, which is Boston's Italian district. They were holding one of their several summer Saint's Day festivals (I forget which saint's festival it was), which we wandered around in for a bit. It was a little street fair, with live music, food, statues, decorations and lots of people! Then we wandered down to the touristy side of Hanover street, had a nice italian dinner on the rooftop of one of the many awesome restaurants, and splurged afterwards on a few italian pastries (which the district is also famous for). It's also a tradition of Erin and Danielle's to have a couple of glasses of mine and then wander back to her place late at night, stopping on the way at the 24hour bakery for some goodies to eat at the kitchen counter 😊. So we did that, stayed up laughing and catching up, and then ran back to the T to take the subway home.

The next day we met with Jayme and did the Duck Tours!! Duck tours are a phenomenon you may have seen in a city near you, but they originated in Boston. They take place on "duck boats", or the land/aquatic "boats" from world war II. Each guide and driver tells corny jokes while giving you the history and sightsseeing tour of the city...from the street and from the Charles River. Paul even got to drive on the river. It was awesome!

We spent a lot of nights going out to dinner, and days wandering around the city. We walked around Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market, watched the street performers, went to he aquarium to see the penguins, seals and giant tank of sharks, turtles and fishies, and wandered around. We brought Echo into the city most of the days, and we ate dinner at restaurants with outdoor seating so that he could hang out with us while we ate. He LOVED that, because of all the attention he got from passers-by. He also got scouted when we were walking around Jayme and Drasko's apartment by some photographers. He modeled with their sexy supermodels...so watch out, Echo's gonna be a supermodel some day! haha!

We didn't do too much picture taking, which we've noticed we actually neglect a lot when we're with friends or family (oops...sorry!). But we did see a lot of sights and just relaxed and ate a lot of good meals, staying up late over dinner with friends. Danielle took Paul to a few of her favorite restaurants and places, too, so that was a lot of fun. She even took him to Boston University, where she went to school, on Echo's 1st birthday. He was treated to his first strawberry ice cream for the occasion on August 1st. Happy 1st Birthday Echo!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb