Only wet dogs and Aussie tourists...go out in the midday blizzard


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
December 30th 2019
Published: December 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

And we saw a few! Wet dogs that is...only precious few souls braving this truly ridiculous weather. When we were on the interstate, there were signs up warning a ‘winter weather advisory’ - storms, wind, ice...’a wintry mix’ so my weather app told me. Apparently a wintry mix in Boston is rain mixed with sleet, mixed with horizontal rain and sleet mixed with wind whipping your legs so it feels like -9 (so says my app) until you can’t actually feel your legs at all!

But bugger that, we’ve a city to explore! I will admit to a slightly slower start than normal and a sternly issued warning that it was raining yes, and it was cold, yes, but I was NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO WHINGING.

So, a quick fire visit to Boston Common (wet dogs) and a stroll through the city (sometimes a veritable jog, if the wind was in the right direction!) and we stumbled upon a boneyard, a really old boneyard, the best type. It was a shame that by that point, the kids were actually catching the shards of ice falling horizontally from the sky in their gloves and eating them, but oh well, gave me more time to examine the ancient headstones.

The family overruled (killjoys), and we retreated to the indoors for a warming lobster bisque for lunch. The Freedom Trail was momentarily attempted before we admitted defeat and grabbed an Uber to the children’s museum. A few hours running around and experimenting with some things before braving the weather again to pick up some shopping and head home. Legs, butts and faces truly frozen shut and we have retreated to the warmth of our apartment and some wine!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb