More on Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 12th 2013
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.3585, -71.0596

Got up Thursday morning and started the second half of the freedom trail. The weather is still holding out. There is a storm system to the south of us. It keeps trying to come up the coast, but a high pressure system is holding it just to the south of us. So it is cloudy and cool(60 degrees), but not raining.
The cold I caught is still bothering me. Why is it that I can go 2 years without getting sick and as soon as we go on a trip it catches me.
Anyway, we walked to the Old North Church, which is where they hung the lanterns to warn Paul Revere that the British were coming. We proceeded to Copp's Hill Burying Ground, where a lot of patriots are buried. We crossed the Charlestown River and walked up to to the Bunker Hill Monument. Of course, because of our inept government, it was closed. We then proceeded to the USS Constitution, which was also closed, because the idiots, well you get the idea. We walked back to our hotel, had lunch, and relaxed for the afternoon.
Friday we boarded a hop on, hop off bus and rode it to the Duck boat Harbor tour. It was a 45 minute tour of the Inner Harbor outside Boston. After that we boarded the bus and continued on the tour. We were hoping to go on the Fenway Park Tour, but the busses were running so slow we couldn't make it. Instead, we went to the Prudential Tower and went on the skywalk. Great views of all of the Boston area from there. After that we took the bus back to our hotel. After a little rest, we went out to dinner.
Saturday, we got up and headed out on the bus tour again. This time we stopped at Harvard University. We took a student run tour of the campus. Very nice place. Lots of history here. After that we had some lunch and went on a Charles River cruise. Cloudy today and a chance of sprinkles. It started sprinkling as we finished the cruise. Back on the bus for the rest of the tour and back to our hotel for a rest.
We are a block from Little Italy, the Italian section of town, and had dinner there on Thursday. It is about 20 blocks long and has about 70 Italian restaurants there. We went over there tonight( Saturday) to get some pizza and wine for dinner. Holy mackerel! The place was a zoo! The first 3 places had 2 hour waits. Traffic was at a standstill and the sidewalks were solid people. We finally found a place that we could get into and get a pizza. It was great. We went back to our hotel and are watching the Tigers play the the Boston Red Sox. Go Detroit!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



13th October 2013

I'm watching the game now. I thought you might be there. A playoff game would be exciting.
13th October 2013

What was the oldest date you found in this graveyard?
14th October 2013

we visited this church when we were in Boston for my nephew's wedding a few years ago. Pretty cool church.
15th October 2013

These pictures are very familiar. mom
15th October 2013

The oldest grave in this cemetary was from 1630.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb