Norwood Pond, Beverly, MA


Advertisement
Published: June 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Open Spce CommitteeOpen Spce CommitteeOpen Spce Committee

Bob,Kate,Nancy, Robert, Pam, Sylvan with Dave and Maya the dog in foreground. Standing before Kiosk.
Norwood Pond
June 13, 2009

Today I went with members of the Beverly, Open Space Committee to walk the woods of Norwood Pond. Nancy, Kate, Pam, Bob, Dave, Robert and myself were there to review the possibility of developing an accessible trail in this area. We walked around the site looking at it’s variety of forest types, flora and fauna. There was one loop trail beginning near the kiosk that seems to have the trail grade to allow for development of an accessible trail.
Beginning at the Elnew Road trail entrance you proceed down to the Old Farm trail. The Kiosk with description and map will be ahead of you. Continue on Old Farm Road to a fork in the trail. Turn left on to the Sunshine Trail and proceed to a trail entrance on the left. Ahead the trail drops off at a slope greater that 10 degrees but the Meadow Trail on the left offers a nice looping trail that returns to the Old Farm trail.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

TrailTrail
Trail

Elnew Road entrance to open space.
TrailTrail
Trail

Old Farm Trail
TrailTrail
Trail

Fork in trail. Old Farm trail on right with Sunshine trail on Left.
TrailTrail
Trail

Bridge along pond.
TrailTrail
Trail

View across pond.
TrailTrail
Trail

Home acroos pond.
FaunaFauna
Fauna

Garter Snake
FaunaFauna
Fauna

Swans
TrailTrail
Trail

Meadow trail
FaunaFauna
Fauna

Forest View
Sewer drainSewer drain
Sewer drain

Location on Elnew Road by sewer drain where improvements need to be made to reduce erosion.


Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb