A Grand Time


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Sparks
July 15th 2005
Published: July 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today we're heading out from Sparks to Prince Frederick, still in the state of Maryland. Yesterday we walked 2 of the 3 dogs, Sam and Libby (see photo) along Gunpowder Falls, a nice walking/biking path that runs all the way from Baltimore north to the Pennsylvania line. We were also treated to a nice dinner by Diane and Alan, capped off with a delicious dessert prepared by Diane: fresh berries w/ her famous whipped creme with Grand Marnier (see photo). Again, yum.

Today we dragged our butts out of bed and had a 3 mi run along the same trail along the Gunpowder. Weather here = nothing like Southern California this time of year: a) it rained and b) I'd estimate that humidity was somewhere close to %! (MISSING)

The countryside is beautiful here with lots of rolling hills, horse farms, corn fields, and estates with beef cattle (apparently a tax write off). On the way back from the trail this morning Sherry took me over the hill past a Quaker meeting house up to an old Methodist church and graveyard, built 1784...

-Cory




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb