New England Foliage/Lobster Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine
September 10th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

//Departed Acworth, Ga. on 9/10/11, and traveled to Graham, NC. Spent the night at Flying J. and ate dinner at Denny's. On Sunday we traveled to Duncan's Family Campground in Lothian, MD just outside of Washington, DC. This evening we had grilled steaks, baked potatoes, green beans, and whop biscuits.
The first attraction of this trip was Mt. Vernon, the home of George and Martha Washington. The evening meal was prepared by Shelby. He made fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, lima beans, gravy, and of course whop biscuits. We sat around outside with some new friends from Inverness, AL, Mike and Diane. Invited them for a fish fry tomorrow night.
Today we visited The National Zoo, but were a little disappointed due to the construction. Many exhibits were closed. We did have an adventure trying to get to the zoo. The lady on the GPS could not figure out where we were or where we wanted to go!
We finally made it back to the RV and had a great evening visiting with new and old friends while enjoying fried fish, fries, hushpuppies, and coleslaw.
Shelby and Leta wanted to go back into DC and walk the Mall and visit some of the Smithsonians. After the walking we did the previous two days, I was not up to any more walking, so Barbara and I rode over to Kent Narrows, and ended up in the small village of St. Michaels home of the Maryland Maritime Museum. We chose not to tour the museum due to the amount of walking.
Tonight I prepared a pot roast for dinner.
9/15/11 travel day. Spent night in Tri-State RV Park in Matamoras, PA. Raining in PA and temperature dropped to 54 degrees.
9/16/11 travel day. Camping at Bayview in Bourne, MA. We ate fish and chips at the Lobster Trap while Shelby and Leta went square dancing.
On Saturday we went to see Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower II. Ate pizza at the wharf at Cabby Shack for lunch. Then we toured Plimoth Plantation, which included a self-guided tour of a Wampanoag Native American village and an English settlement. We had stuffed peppers for supper.
Sunday we drove the trucks all the way to the end of Cape Cod. We walked down to the beach and saw seals swimming by. It was seven hours of driving to the Cape and back--just like a traveling day! Leta made homemade vegetable beef and chicken soup and Jack made fried cornbread.


Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb