Blue Hill, Looking for pie


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine
August 9th 2009
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

August 10, 2009 -
Our first day here, we began our exploration of the peninsula by driving along the coast road and ended up visiting the town of Blue Hill. It’s another lovely little town on the coast on Maine with welcoming shops, galleries and a beautiful harbor. Byrd wanted to buy a fresh made pie, so we stopped and looked in every small shop in town for a fresh pie. Don’t go looking for fresh pie after noontime in Maine, the dozen shops we tried were all sold out. We stopped at the Blue Moose Pub in Blue Hill for lunch. I walked in the door expecting to sit at a bar, have a relaxing beer with lunch and hopefully catch up on the Red Sox. The only problem is Blue Moose Pub doesn’t have a bar. It’s a nice little restaurant with a liquor license, but it’s no pub. The food was good and the waitress was friendly, but I’m still disappointed about a pub not having a bar. We drove back to Deer Isle on Rt. 15 over Caterpillar Hill, what a view! From the parking lot at the top of the hill, you can see for miles to the southeast across the blueberry barrens to the Deer Isle Bridge across Eggemoggin Reach and what seems like hundreds of islands that make up the Deer Island peninsula. If you come to Deer Isle, Maine make Caterpillar Hill a mandatory stop. It’s just such a great view. Now back to the house for dinner with Isabel and Kurt.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The GangThe Gang
The Gang

Byrd, Karen, Isobel, Sylvan & Kurt


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb