Big Big Bigelows!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » The Forks
August 22nd 2012
Published: August 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Everyone needs to add the Maine Bigelows to their "must see" list. Very impressive! We might even say that we enjoyed them more then the Whites, which is a popular mountain range that we crossed in NH. We had a great week out and guess what....we stayed dry!

We hiked along the historical Arnold Trail, which is the route that Benedict Arnold and an army of 1150 Revoluntionaries used en route to Quebec...in hopes of a surprise attack on the Brits. After hiking through all the bogs and muddy mess its no wonder the attack was unsuccessful.

We ferried across the Kennebec River. The ferry consisted of one man rowing us across in a canoe, but I loved it...I got to sit down for a few minutes.

We are now at the Northern Outdoors Resort where we decided to treat ourselves to a cabin (cutest little cabin, ever) for a few days. They have a great brew pub, hot tubs and a deck for me to get my tan on!

Tomorrow we take off for Monson. I will update in a few days...Hope all is going well and we miss you!!

LTD and Boston

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb