North Eastern America


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Portland
March 12th 2015
Published: March 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, hope this finds everyone fit and well. So we left the beautiful Niagara Falls 10 days ago to explore the New England states (Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island & Connecticut) , and while it's been chilly it really is a beautiful part of the world. By far, the scenery has been the highlight. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting Vermont, though had to change our route, as we couldn't cross the river by ferry, as it was frozen. Not a consideration where we come from! North Conway in New Hampshire was picturesque with very friendly people and the coast in Cape Cod was lovely to see, more so waliking on the foreshore, it reminded us of Albany, WA. In Rhode Island we visited the very decadent mansion of the Van der Bilt family. It was built in the late 1800's and is known as "The Breakers". We enjoyed driving around seeing the many mansions and palatial homes, the Atlantic Ocean often being the backdrop. We drove through a town called Placid Lake that hosted the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics, just one if the many surprises, we have stumbled across. Due to it being Winter up until yesterday, many places were closed for the season. So the main focus has been on the natural beauties in this area...and there are sooo many! Fortunately for us, we prefer to be surrounded by nature than in large cities. Currently we are in Pennsylvania, it's breathtaking!
So until the next time, go out and find some natural beauty near you, it is everywhere!



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb