W. Kittery, Maine - October 18, 2011


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Kittery
October 18th 2011
Published: October 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was a busy day here in Portsmouth, NH. I ended up working late this evening.

One of my co-workers said he liked this small seafood restaurant outside of Portsmouth, Badgers Island, to be exact. For dinner, we ate seafood.

The restaurant is Hebert Brothers Seafood (http://www.hebertbrothers.com/). This restaurant defines a "hole in the wall," in a good way. The restaurant is located on Badgers Island, north of Portsmouth, NH by one minute. The exterior of the building is very basic. To the right of the building are picnic tables, a good place to be during the warmer summer days/nights. Tonight it was cold for this southerner.

Amazingly, the inside of the restaurant had no more than 10 tables. These tables are not your typical restaurant tables, they folding card tables with matching folding chairs.

You order your food at the counter and they deliver to your table. It was hard to see whether they sell fresh seafood during the day in the cooled display case when you walk into the restaurant on your left.

I ordered the lobster roll. It came with a side of fries and fresh cole slaw. Overall rating of this restaurant is a 6 on a scale of 10.

I would visit this restaurant again; however I would like to try other places in the Portsmouth area, southern Maine area first.

I hope to report more on Wednesday.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb