BOOTHBAY HARBOR MAINE AMAZES


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Boothbay Harbor
October 30th 2010
Published: October 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

MARK'S PAINTING OF BOOTHBAY HARBORMARK'S PAINTING OF BOOTHBAY HARBORMARK'S PAINTING OF BOOTHBAY HARBOR

Captures the essence of BBH
This travel journal will be used to post excerpts from my recent book Our Summer In Boothbay Harbor, otherwise known as The Marshalls Become Maineaics. The cover is as good as any place to begin our journey. I met the artist Mark Mellor during our stay in 2009. His studio, next to his home, is a few minutes walk from where we stayed. Over the course of the summer I would stop by in acceptable New England tradition to pass the time of day; "yhep, that's about right" and "uh huh." Describing to Mark that I needed a photo of Boothbay Harbor that would be instantly recognizable to anyone who lives or had been there, and the difficulty I was having getting just the right perspective, he agreed to paint what he called an illustration depicting iconic Boothbay Harbor landmarks. The result is exactly right, colorful, eye-catching, proportioned; all I could have asked for.

That's Maine people. Competent, friendly, helpful, engaging and unpretentous. Welcome to my Boothbay Harbor blog. Weigh in with your comments.

To purchase Our Summer In Boothbay Harbor shop at my estore, www.createspace.com/3434436 and enter the discount code for 15% off the retail price: D893NCLG



Advertisement



Tot: 0.443s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb