Sunrise and Sunset


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Bar Harbor
September 24th 2012
Published: September 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Sunrise and Sunset



It’s still dark but we’re going. Yes, sunrise on Cadillac Mt. Apparently when one is in Acadia you must do sunrise on the mt. We just dressed and were on the road by 5:45 A. M. The sky was getting brighter as we traveled along, would we make it!

When we reached the summit the parking lot was almost full, it must be the thing to do. I took a picture of the people waiting to witness this every day event but somehow it felt special. There was a reverence about the crowd, an anticipation, of something special. And special it was. Many pictures.

At 6:30am it was all over and we all went back to our everyday lives. We drove home to have a hearty oatmeal and walnut pancake breakfast then it was off to Sandy beach to walk the dog before we had to be in Bar Harbor for a cruise. Pictures

Got into Bar Harbor at 1pm parked the car and went in search of a sandwich and beer to go on the ship with us. We found the sandwich but no beer so we headed for the ship just in time to board.

We sailed on the Margaret Todd, a majestic 151 ft, four masted schooner that is a replica of former cargo ships. The tourists got to hoist the sails and we sailed Frenchman’s Bay while dodging the lobster pots. We saw a seal, 2 porpoise, and many sea birds. We really enjoyed the peace and tranquility that sailing brings.

There were 2 cruise ships in port, one of them the Queen Mary 2 direct from England so town was a zoo.

After the cruise Marg and I got an ice cream cone and headed home for sunset. Gotta get them both in the same day.

Oscar was happy to see us and we set up the chairs and cocktails for the event of the evening. More pictures.

It was really chilly so what is camping without a fire. It took a little doing to get that accomplished, them it was time for some songs and blog time and bed.

It’s been a long, busy, fun day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

taking in the experiencetaking in the experience
taking in the experience

view of Cadillac Mt in background


25th September 2012

Cadillac Mnt
the thing to do is HIKE up Cadillac mountain for the sunrise........When we did our caravan to ME a few years ago, my friend Judy wanted to do that hike....but would have had to start at 3 am....a little early. Did you stop at Thunder something or other to hear the noice of the water in the rocks???? Good lobster salad there on that island. Where did you camp???
25th September 2012

Love those pictures!
The pictures are so great--and you have awesome titles for all of them! I am definitely living vicariously through you. Looks amazing!

Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.2048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb