Day 6 - NOLA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
February 25th 2015
Published: February 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 6 - shopping & tour


Preb, St Louis, CabildoPreb, St Louis, CabildoPreb, St Louis, Cabildo

Presbytere, St. Louis Cathedral and the Cabildo. At the base of the Cathedral are Elke, Amanda, Evan Jurg & Tracy
Today is another cool dreary day. Temp below 50 degrees so because of the wind and humidity I broke down and had to get my big winter coat.

We had wanted to go for a buggy ride but since the horses or mules here are wimps they did not go out in the big bad weather. Really? Now as I remember a trip to Quebec City during their Winter Carnival, we went on a buggy ride and it was -40 degrees!. Don't bother asking whether that is C or F, once it goes down that far it doesn't matter.

So.... more walking, shopping, and drinking is in order. Yes you are right that about covers everything.

Once around Jackson Square into the Cafe Pontalba for coffees. Since we were right here we explored the Cabildo (history of New Orleans), St. Louis Cathedral and the Presbytere (a display on Hurricane Katrina and upstairs a display on Mardi Gras).

Eventually we made it back to the hotel and finally had dinner at Pere Antoine's before a Haunted History tour.

Final day in NOLA before heading back into the Winter Apocalypse... or Snowmageddon AKA winter storm Reemus (preceded by Quantum & Pandora).. really???.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

SamplerSampler
Sampler

A sampler, shrimp creole, red Beans & rice and chicken and sausage gumbo.
Muriel'sMuriel's
Muriel's

In the back of Muriel's restaurant is a table set out every night to satisfy the ghost of Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan who lost this house in a card game and then shot himself (in the house)
Sbisa'sSbisa's
Sbisa's

The portrait of an slave who killed herself and her child in this building.
Touchdown JesusTouchdown Jesus
Touchdown Jesus

The back of the Cathedral has a statue which when lit casts a shadow that was very popular when the Saints won the superbowl.


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb