Day 3 - Out of the SNOW!!!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
February 22nd 2015
Published: February 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 3 NOLA landing


Ronnie'sRonnie'sRonnie's

I am quite sure that if they were in Ontario they wouldn't have this sign out front.
Leaving Tennesee and hope to be out the snow soon. They really can't handle the foul weather here.. the parking lot is a skating rink. Only salt is on the table.

Just south of Nashville we found an old favourite restaurant from our honeymoon. It was called Stan's Country Kitchen but is now called just Stan's. SO we just had to stop for our second breakfast. Ham eggs and biscuits & GRAVY!!!!

Finally saw the last of the snow but not until we were into Alabama.

Nice to put the car on cruise and enjoy the warming air.

Finally made it through the construction and landed at the hotel where Jurg & Tracy had chilled wine & beer waiting for us in the courtyard (no coats or sweaters necessary).

Ok, we killed the wine and beer and needed more, so off to Bourbon street.

LET THE MAYHEM BEGIN!!!

No wait, we should eat first... (thats the way right Jennifer???)

Nice dinner at Court of Two Sisters and then off to Pat O'briens for..... of course hurricanes and the purple people eater....

Follwoing Jurg we went to the Funky Pirate Blues club.... more
Stan's hamStan's hamStan's ham

Honey ham, eggs, hash browns and of course biscuits & gravy (the white stuff in the bowl).
beer, wine and fireball shooters...

A crash landing was inevitable..


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

CourtyardCourtyard
Courtyard

Cold wine, cold beer and 72 degrees.
Jurg & TracyJurg & Tracy
Jurg & Tracy

Courtyard.
Pat O'BriensPat O'Briens
Pat O'Briens

Fountains with flames.
Bourbon St.Bourbon St.
Bourbon St.

You can meet all sorts of wild and crazy people on Bourbon St. AND I'm not even talking about the guy in a tutu!


23rd February 2015

Wish I was there
How's the jazz? I'd love me some of them biscuits n' gravy! Is that tree in Stan's alive still?
25th February 2015

Jazz
MOst of the clubs on Bourbon St. are a variety of rock and or blues... a couple are left. The majority of jazz is from buskers in Jackson Sqaure or on street corners and they are all really good. Scottish night is a comin!!! We can put up pictures then.
24th February 2015
Courtyard

I am glad I could finally teach you guys something about drinking (you're welcome) Love the pictures and seeing the short sleeves. All the best to Tracy and Jurg.

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb