New Orleans What a Great City


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, second day in New Orleans - There is so much to do here and so much to see, I wish we had planned to stay longer. We took a wonderful tour of the city today and saw so much, the French Quarter (which we had already walked through), 9th ward which was the area hit so hard by Katrina, went to all the levees that broke, the Garden District, a couple of old cemetaries, Sandra Bullock's house and all the houses Brad Pitt and Mike Holmes have built. Went to a couple of areas where the crocodiles hang out, but did not see one which was okay by me.

The people in New Orleans are friendly, and despite all the problems, laugh a lot. The city is still vastly impacted by Katrina although you do not notice this in the downtown area, mostly in the hard hit parishes.


There are a lot of great things about New Orleans but one of the best is the FOOD! In two days, I have had catfish, lots of it, crawfish, crabcakes, shrimp, and oh yeh, can't forget those grits. Needless to say, Bill is losing weight - will only eat the chicken.

Tonya, got lots of beads...Tomorrow we are heading to the riverwalk and the flea market. And then take the trolley down St. Charles. Weather has been great, no rain. Sorry, no pictures yet, Have not had time to download.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1006.5kb