Jazz With Sting


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2000
Edit Blog Post

Jazzfest is for everybody. Even the locals of New Orleans, for whom Mardi Gras is just another Tuesday. But, at Jazzfest, Orleanians can focus on what makes life worthwhile - food and music. There's tons of food. Alligator pie is my choice. There's lots of music. Sting is the artist of my choice. He makes a solid performance. This relentless heat and the burning sun must surely affect an Englishman in New Orleans. But the crowd likes it. Why else would there be people everywhere you look? Literally, everywhere you look.

An educated guess would create a ballpark figure of 80,000. Give or take 10,000...It's not until the man brings out the Police material the crowd really forgets that they're really dehydrated to their bones. Stingo lines them up at the end, with the rather obvious finish "Every breath you take". But "Every move you make"??? With 100,000 heading for the exit at the same time...? Not so much due to individual skills as to a collective move in one general direction, do we finally exit the fairgrounds.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb