French Quarter in New Orleans


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Houston to New Orleans


We drove into New Orleans in the late morning. We walked through Jackson Square. There were bands playing jazz music. It was very neat. Then the first stop was Cafe Du Monde. We had beignets and cafe au lait. It was very crowded. The cafe was cash only. The waiters paid the cooks for the food when they picked it up from the kitchen. Then you paid the waiter in cash. I’m assuming their pay was the difference in how much the cost of the food was in the kitchen and what the customer paid them for the food.

Next we went to the waterfront. Then into the St Louis Cathedral. We spent about an hour in the Louisiana State Museum. Then we ate a great lunch at the Gumbo Shop.

After lunch we walked down Bourbon Street. Even though it was about 4:00 in the afternoon it was still pretty crazy. People were walking around with snakes draped around their shoulders. Bars were in full swing with music blaring and people drinking.

At 5:00 we took a haunted history vampire and voodoo tour. It was very interesting. The lady giving the walking tour was a great story teller. After the tour ended it was 7:00, we were hot and tired so we headed to our hotel. Then we ordered pizza and watched movies.




Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb