Cajun Country


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Lafayette
October 17th 2013
Published: October 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We are here today at Cajun Palms RV Resort in Lafayette, Louisiana. Our “Plan A” was to be in Hot Springs (National Park) yesterday, but instead we diverted to San Antonio and then here. This place is huge – over 300 sites and, today, relatively empty. Apparently, every site will be occupied this weekend when the park sponsors a great Halloween gala. This park must be heaven for kids, as well as parents as there are multiple pools with water slides large and small, surrounded by Tiki bars and grills where the parents can sit and watch the kids play. We are hoping that the sun will come out this afternoon so we can take advantage of the amenities here.



Adjacent to the park is “Crawfish Town USA,” a restaurant as well as a market featuring fresh seafood, meat, and produce. While searching the Internet this morning to find out the best way to eat crawfish, I discovered that crawfish season is over here in Louisiana. That’s OK, my personal opinion (based on nothing) is that crawfish are overrated. So for lunch I had Trout Pontchartrain and Lindsay had fried Gulf shrimp, both served with delicious shrimp jambalaya.



We’re almost at the end of our National Park Tour (ha ha!) and are happy to be heading home. We’ll be in Alabama tomorrow and home on Saturday. See ya soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



19th October 2013

Back Home Again.....?????
My Goodness...so soon??? I am not ready to come back home yet. Guess I will hop off here in La. and see what else I can find. :)) I just realized it is Saturday right now and too late to hop off. Wonder if you are here yet. Wish we had a better day to welcome you back rather than this dreary cooler weather. What a trip and so sorry about the second half. Maybe you can back track the last half and visit the parks one day in the future. It does not appear that you went deep into the Cajun Country so sure you left all gators behind as well as any Cajun swamp people. What a trip!!! Thanks a million for taking us along. Trust you have been blessed with safely all the way in. EM & P It has been fun!!!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb