3/14/12 - 3/16/12 - - Travel to Lakeside RV Park in Livingston, LA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Baton Rouge
March 16th 2012
Published: March 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Left RiverView RV Park & Resort on 3/14/12 headed to Livingston, LA just east of Baton Rouge on I12. Arrived in Livingston around 3:00pm. Weather was 76 when leaving Vidalia, and was 81 when arriving at Livingston.

After getting parked, we had a cookout at our niece's home with Aleta's sister, Christine, Larry, Debbie, Shelly, Ashley, and various grandkids of theirs. Cookout was hamburgers, hotdogs, BBQ sausage, chips, and "southern" sweet tea. THANKS DEBBIE AND LARRY!!!

Thursday - high of 82 - - HAD to have lunch at Wayne's BBQ, just up the road from Lakeside RV park - - yummmmmmmmm!!!! Made a run to Red Jacket only to find that entry was by appointment only. They were filming the show "Sons of Guns". The security guard was pleasant and we did get to chat briefly with one of the guys that worked there. Made our usual stop at Wal-Mart in Dennim Springs to get the expected great-grandson his first LSU clothes. Went square dancing at Crossroads Squares which is just down the street from Red Jacket. The caller was Andy Petrere. They, as always; made us feel right at home and we were introduced as "almost" members as we have danced with them 3 different times. Came back to motorhome and did our walk around the park at like 10pm then turned in for the night.

Friday -- high again in lower 80s - - Robert (who I worked with and for in the past) and Kathy Foster has invited us over for supper (we are now in Louisiana and the evening meal IS supper :-) ) tonight - - gumbo. They also provided some great info on our trip west as they have made trips to that area several times.

We will be killing time the next few days, waiting on our traveling partners to catch up. Undecided - - New Orleans, Morgan City, or where to kill a little time. I will keep you posted.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Robert and Kathy's New RigRobert and Kathy's New Rig
Robert and Kathy's New Rig

Very Very Nice - one month old!!!


Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb