Friends in Low Places


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Baton Rouge
February 18th 2009
Published: February 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Check the HairCheck the HairCheck the Hair

This is why I keep my hair long. If it was short, holy cow, it would be so nutso!
We hit the theater this morning. The show was hung, as usual, but the Marley hadn’t been laid. In fact, it was brand new, still on the roll, so it had to be cut and laid and things. We also didn’t have a patch list, so everything took a painfully long time. The ME was great, and the house stage manager rocked too, but it was still a really long day. The SM recommended a great little Mexican joint for lunch, and then she and some of the crew joined us. It was loads of fun! We laughed like crazy.

The show was, well, rough. One of the lav mics was cutting out and then quit altogether, the video audio got unplugged somehow, so it didn’t run at all, when the kids came offstage for Runyege, the marriage dance, one of the audience members followed them back on to the stage. No one was really sure how to handle that one. Sarah asked, “What else could go wrong for Kyle?” The only thing I could think of was “the projector could start on fire.” He was not a happy camper, but we took him out for ice cream after the show. Did I mention there were 53 people in the audience? Not 54. 53.

BUT! Angie came! She had to work and then drive the hour from New Orleans, so she didn’t arrive until just after intermission, but she got to see the end of the show and helped with load out and went to ice cream with us. Sarah came over and the three of us watched Mamma Mia and played Skip-Bo. It’s so nice to see someone familiar, someone where we can just pick up where we left off. Though I haven’t seen her in almost 6 months, it seems like it was last week. We should have time to do breakfast tomorrow before we head our separate directions again.

By the way, it was about 70 degrees today and a zillion percent humidity! My hair is completely out of control! I hate being sticky all the time. And I’m pretty sure that just breathing in the heavy air causes me to gain weight. Oh well. It’s 26 degrees where we’re going to be next week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb