Atlantic City to Kentucky


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky
March 30th 2015
Published: March 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hey Y'All. We have recently arrived in the Southern States of America and find ourselves talkin with a southern drawl. We have had an amazin week, sine we last left you, starting on the Boardwalk in Altlantic City, onto the Nation's Capital and through the beautiful Appalacian Mountains in the "Virginias". We currently find ourselves in Kentucky, Horse and Whisky territory...very important not to drink and horse!
Atlantic City saw us on the boardwalk, where the first Miss America pageant took place in the 1920's and continues to this day. We also had a flutter in one of the many themed casinos (not losing a penny) and did a spot of shopping in the outlet stores.
From there Washington DC beckoned us. WOW, what an amazing day and so many incredible sights. I think we walked 10 miles that day. (That's about 16 kms)
Out of the big city and into the national Park of Shenandoah, where snow still covered the ground. The temperature still so cold, reaching minus 10 one morning brrrrr! But the scenery did not disappoint...just like a winter wonderland. WE LOVE THE SNOW! So now we find ouselves in Kentucky, where we will explore some caves and sample some of Kentuckys finest (bourbon, not horse). Cheers!
Y'All enjoy the upcoming long weekend and Happy Easter, stay safe.




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb