Son's house


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Winchester
November 26th 2008
Published: December 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left the Motel at 0730. Had great weather, this cockpit is a bit different. We have been looking for the radar, to check traffic, but didn't find it. Do we need one in the landboat? We decided we would speak to some other RV'ers first chance we get. What upgrades do we need? We spoke of different things we would like to do, now that we are part dirt lovers. We did buy a Garmin Nuvi 255 while in Fort Lauderdale, replacing the Lowrance we left on the boat when we sold it. The Garmin talks to you, it is in color, pretty accurate. It includes Canada, Continental US including Alaska and Puerto Rico with the Virgin Islands. So at least we have a chart plotter in the cockpit. The auto pilot works but only for speed, not for steering. Wondering if it has some adjustments.
So here we are in day 4 of this short trip. We had a call from Son Pete around 1130 hours, wanting to know our progress. We let him know we were in KY already, about 50 mile from Berea. He said oh great, you will be here in time for my lunch break. Ask to meet him by the food entrance at Walmart. By the way, we are so proud of him. He was given a super Walmart to manage this past July. He is happy.
The lady greeter looked at us kind of funny, you know Floridians, we are cold nature d, we had socks, long pants and jackets on, and freezing. Pete showed up, the lady greeter put 2 and 2 together, Pete looks like Mom. I smiled at her, said yes, our son. She replied he was a great boss.
We went across the street to a Chinese restaurant with a buffet. All 3 of us ate to much, dang buffets...Spent a quite hour talking. Then back to Walmart, where we left him, and kept driving North another 45 mins to Winchester.
We arrived at their home around 1430 hours. The kids have grown so much, Andrew is 12, Noah is 10 and Eli is 6. Heather looked great. The 2 older boys have cell phone. Geesh. Tulip (dog) seem to recognize us. Oreo (cat) definitely did. Heather insisted on us having the master bedroom because it is on the ground floor. With her Father in Law, Pete, knees, Joann had blabbed how he slept in the reclining chair while visiting here, because of the steps.
Pete II arrived around 1800 hours. We were told they had learned to play canasta, and wanted to play with us. This was a surprise. It is not the regular canasta we knew. It is called hand and foot, with 5 decks of cards. We learned a new game, we paired off Heather and Maribel and Pete and his Dad. Well, Heather and I slaughtered them, hehehehe.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.2427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb