White' T Trip


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

MaeMaeMae

Mae by water pump at Church in the mountains of WV.
July 11, 2013 9:30pm

Another day in, 298 miles traveled. We spent the day driving the beautiful hills and curves of West Va. There was only one problem which was of our own choosing. We decided to try to drive 106 miles to our next gas stop on 6 gallons of gas ( because we ran out of gas 1st day it threw our scheduled gas stops off), we did ok until we were down to 4 gallons in tank, we encountered a 5 gallon hill. We sputtered up this mountain Mae said, "stop and put the 3 gallons of gas in tank now". Because I like challenges, I said, " let's keep going ", as we only had 19 miles to gas stop. We made several more small mountains and then another 3 gallon mountain which was too much for the 1-1/2 gallons we had left in tank. We pulled over to the side, and added the 3 gallons we carried with us. All in all it was an uneventful day. As you Model T'ers know, you meet the nicest people who will stop to talk when you're in an Antique.

Jacque & Mae


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

West VirginiaWest Virginia
West Virginia

Mountains of WV.
RainRain
Rain

Yes, another rain shower today.
WV. ViewWV. View
WV. View

Driving through the mountains of WV.
Sandy HookSandy Hook
Sandy Hook

Mural in Sandy Hook, KY
Rock formationRock formation
Rock formation

View as we were driving along in West Liberty, KY.


13th July 2013

listen to Mae
I think you need to listen to Mae - Barb
14th July 2013

Happy Trails!
Got the pictures! neato! Keep up the good work. K

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb