Week 2 Continued - Maysville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Maysville
June 20th 2010
Published: June 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

18th June - Friday

Coached as usual in the morning which went well, and did the mini presentations for all the players. Got some pressies off a kid's father, got mountain dew drink and lucky charms cereal (because they are banned in England!). Me and Tom junior then watched the England v Algeria game (boring or what!?). We then went to the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Later, we went to have some professional photos taken by Tom senior's host father, he took still photos where we were sat in the stands and some action photos of us doing volleys etc. I will try and get the link to show you the photos. Me, Tom junior and Kevin then went into town to a couple of bars which was fun!

19th June - Saturday

In the morning I did a goalkeeping session with Tom, Tom and Pedro -9am - 11am. It rained most the time but it went well! Afterwards, we went to watch Karate kid, all the coaches plus mine and Tom and Kev's host families. I would like to point out here that Kev was so hungover he had to spend the whole time in the toilet and saw none of the movie-haha! We then went for tea at a chinese buffet and then went back to my house and went in next doors pool and stayed in there for a few hours until it was too dark! Pedro stayed at ours as his family had now gone away on vacation so he played his guitar to us and sang to us!

20th June - Sunday

Got up early to pack, and then we all watched twilight together. Tom came over for the day, and later the Cottam's family came over to celebrate Father's Day. We had a grill (bbq) and watched the world cup as brazil was playing (Pedro is brazillian). We said our goodbyes to coach tom and kev, and then to the Cottam family. It was very emotional as Danielle was crying 😞 which then made me cry! We then got very lost travelling to Lawrenceburg (I was driving) so we were late meeting our next host families. My family wasn't there yet as they were at a father's day party, so I got a lift with Julia and Katie to a mexican restaurant where we all went for tea. Julia and Katie then dropped me off to the Serafini's house, where I am staying. There is mum, dad and 3 girls - Stachia - mum, John - dad, Payton - 10, Paige - 6 and Reese 4. We then watched shutter island and then went to bed (Although I couldn't sleep very well as the movie scared me!)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb