Family Trip to Florida in the Fall of '09


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Lexington
August 3rd 2015
Published: August 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day One, Tavistock Ontario to Lexington Kentucky


The first leg of our trip started early in the morning as neither Sandy nor myself could sleep very well. We had the kids and all of our luggage loaded into the car and on the road by 5:05. A quick pit stop for gas just outside of Woodstock, only because the night before we had to to swing back to Pickering as we had left our passports at home. Crossed the border into Detroit at 7:45 and got lost almost right away. I guess this was before us each having smart phones with GPS in them. A Michigan map helped us out eventually and we stopped at a Starbucks for a drink and to feed the kids some cereal. In Findlay Ohio with made a quick stop to check out a spooky house. Another stop in Bluffton Ohio as we found a giant Teddy Bear store. Alex got some toy cars and Robyn an old Barbie with a bag of clothes...all for$5.27 Walked the street of what was a very cute town and bought some cookies at a bakery. Then at about 1pm we stopped for lunch in Miamisburg, the Rusty Bucket was a sports type bar. We shared a giant plate of nachos and a giant salad. At 3:45 we got to Lexington Kentucky, the hotel was great, Griffin Gate Marriott. We were upgraded to a double queen with a large screen tv. Took a relaxing swim in the indoor pool to get the kids a little bit of fun. Went into town to have a look around, not a lot going on that night but the city was pretty and saw some trees light up already for Christmas. Had a very cheap but plentiful dinner at Goodfellas Pizza, still one of the best pizza places we have ever been to 6 years later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb