The Drive Down


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Lexington
September 29th 2013
Published: January 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ramsey's Hot BrownRamsey's Hot BrownRamsey's Hot Brown

This was good but the best is yet to come!
Ahhhh road trips! Whenever I travel, I always hope for the best, but something always manages to go wrong. This trip was no different. First stop was to the bank to pick up some spending cash, and as luck would have it the atm "runs" out of money...GREAT! Not to be discouraged we set out anyway, charged some Dunkin Doughnuts and we were off. The drive down to Lexington was a long one, approximately 11 hours, but a scenic one. The trees were starting to turn and the mountains of West Virginia were breathtaking. (Sorry no pictures as I was driving) We just don't have that kind of beauty around here. Now, I know what you are thinking. Eleven hours in a car with my father must be some sort of cruel and unusual punishment, but he actually was great company. Sometimes life can get so hectic that we lose touch with the people around us. It was nice to spend some quality time with my father, and take a break from the day to day grind. He offered to take over a bit, but I decided to iron man it straight to Lexington. Looking back I should have taken his offer as 11 hours on the road is a long time. When we finally arrived in Lexington, we checked into our hotel and decided to get some dinner. I asked what is a great local place to try and the staff recommended a place called Ramsey's and suggested The Hot Brown, which is an open-faced sandwich of turkey and bacon, covered in Mornay sauce and cheese baked or broiled until the bread is crisp and the sauce begins to brown...we were not disappointed. Also, had a chance to sample a Kentucky Ale which is a local beer which was very good. It was a long day, but aside from the ATM, a rather enjoyable ride. Time to get some rest, and get ready for the main attraction!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb