Kentucky Leftovers


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Jackson
November 10th 2010
Published: November 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

(Oakdale Christian Acadamy)

We left Oakdale the second of November, which was one day earlier than the project ended. We needed to be in Talladega, AL on the 3rd, to meet with the staff of our next project. It's 480 miles, and we drove straight through. (That might not sound like much to you, but our general practice is to not drive more than 300 miles in a day...but at 300 was too early in the day to quit.) Two people from our Oakdale were on the next project with us, along with three couples new to us.

I'm going to quit here, and just post some remaining pictures that I had. My next post will be from Shocco Springs Baptist Conference Center, in Talladega.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

But on the other hand, But on the other hand,
But on the other hand,

this was in Kentucky also!
Uuummmmm....Uuummmmm....
Uuummmmm....

I wonder where it really is!!
These are the states we've beenThese are the states we've been
These are the states we've been

to since we started with RVICS. We'll hit several more before spring, as we're spending the winter in Phoenix. We'll be in Mississippi and Louisiana in December. What a life!
The classroom buildingThe classroom building
The classroom building

with the boys dorm on the right. During any free time there were boys outside usually playing soccer.
The school had a small cemetaryThe school had a small cemetary
The school had a small cemetary

up the hill on the other side of the tracks, this was taken from there. It's overlooking a staff house, with the dining hall & girls' dorm on the left.
This is a pile of pine needles!This is a pile of pine needles!
This is a pile of pine needles!

This type of tree, which I don't remember the name of, loses a portion of its needles every fall. This pile (raked up by the students on yard crew) fell in an eight day period! When we walked on the sidewalk the needles were crushed , and it smelled sooo good!
This got my attention!This got my attention!
This got my attention!

We were driving down the highway and I was looking at some tourist information, and when Bob told me to look, this is what was there! It was a tractor truck being towed, but it took a while for my heart to believe that!
The logs in this pile will be trucked toThe logs in this pile will be trucked to
The logs in this pile will be trucked to

a plant making particle board. Many trucks carrying skinny logs like these flew past the school...but they didn't pass quietly!


15th November 2010
The logs in this pile will be trucked to

signs
When looking at your picture of the various signs (Ramada two directions) I was particularly struck by the two political signs of people running for the position of "jailer". I wonder if a democrat or republican won!
15th November 2010

Hi, Margo!
We thought Jailer Sayler had a nice ring to it! We were someplace where Mr Sherf was running for Sheriff! Sheriff Sherf...I think that is credentials enough!
17th November 2010

plates
those possum plates are hilarious!
18th November 2010

Hi, Lisa!
I like white meat, but I'm not trying this!

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb