General Butler State Park, Kentucky


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Carrollton
August 30th 2013
Published: September 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at General Butler State Park campground around 5pm, drove back to our site and it appears to be too short and too steep, but the campground is full so there aren't any other choices. The camper next to us 'Bob' Comes over to give advice and recommendations. We successfully got the RV in, but the slope was so steep he couldn't get it level enough-we'd be walking uphill to get to our bedroom. It's extremely humid and we are soaking wet. Pati arrives from Ft Wright, KY in her cute blue convertable Mustang. Ken asks us to go up to the office and ask if there are any possible alternative sites. We get there just as they had a cancellation. Pati and I check it out; it's a lot more level, so we go back to Ken and help him get things ready for the move. Neighbor Bob is disappointed. He already liked Ken.

After we get things set up, Pati and I prepare a snack. She has brought some delicious food: an olive-vegetable mix (olives, sundried tomatoes, garlic, carrots), pistachios, various cheeses, salami, a french baguette, and of course a bottle of wine. Everything was delicious. We took a walk around the campground. It is packed, not my favorite campground; although I realize it is a holiday weekend. The sites are close together and they are muddy. Afterwards Ken built a fire...not that we needed it, it was hot. We enjoyed talking about people we grew up with and old times. After too many bugs and sweating we went in. We took showers, chatted awhile and went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb