Getting Ready


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa
April 16th 2012
Published: April 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well - we spent today trying to get ready for our trip> Planned our itinerary, made hotel reservations and bought our train tickets.

We are planning to spend a couple of days in London - seeing the sights ... and this time I will go on teh London Eye. Mom says she doesn't mind ferris wheels .. and that is good, becuase I bought her a ticket too!

We are going to use the Original Tour Company to tour the prime spots in London - the tower, Westminster Abbey. Dave has us staying at the flagship Marriott neat Hyde Park for the first couple of days. We also hope to make it out to Hampton Court - a great tour, and then to eitherCanterbury and Dover or Salisbury and Stonehenge ... we can decide once we get to England.

Then we have a narrow boat for 7 days - we are leaving out of Mercier Marina and will cruise the waterways of central England at 3.5 miles per hour for 7 days ...this is a blast - working the locks, seeing the countryside, eating in local pubs - what fun!

After that, we mvoe to Leicester and wil stay there several days and tour Stratford-on-Avon, and the Cotswolds. Hidcot Manor, Warwick Castle, Sudeley Castle and Hatfield House are on the list of places we might go.

Then back to London for a night and we wil come home.

We plan to post our adventures every day - so you can follow our trip. this is a test of the Dave and Jimmie blogging system. Hope you like it so far.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb