Bye Minnesota, Hello Iowa


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa » Newton
July 31st 2015
Published: July 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday we headed the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. They are right when they say they have whatever you need in one place. I rented a scooter (wise move on my part) and Joe walked all. By the time we were done he had walked over 15,000 steps. They have 4 six story parking garages and as you can see from the picture, they are huge If you forget what garage you parked in you are screwed. Lol. The rides were awesome and they have a wide variety of them. The Lego display was so amazing. I took lots of pictures since my grandson, Greydn, loves building with them.. Joe and I decided the only ride we wanted to go on was the Farris wheel, so that was fun. Great view from the top. Another fun thing they had there was a CSI exhibit where we got to go though and solve a murder. It was so much fun.

Wednesday we packed up camp and headed down to Iowa. We are visiting an old friend of mine who lives in Newton. We have had a great time catching up. Tomorrow it's off to Des Moines to have some labs done and pick up a couple prescriptions. We are also going to show Joe where I graduated from nursing school. Of course while we are in Des Moines we have to check out West End Salvage. It's a TV show on HGTV.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



31st July 2015

Having a wonderful time catching up.
Didn't mention a thing about all the good food we've had and are going to have. Even got to see the Iowa Speedway, Nascar Hauler Parade, and the newly built Military Memorial Wall and Military Painted Rock (Painted by a professional artist). We are enjoying having you here; will be sad when you leave. The days are going fast. I'm not even going to think about that yet. We are going to have another fun day!
31st July 2015
IMG_7248_edited-1

Legoland
The Lego pics are awesome! The Mall of Americas definitely sounds like a place to visit one day. Although, I can just see myself wandering die hours looking for my car at the end of the day! ? I'm sure Jayden will love these Legi shots! Have fun in Iowa and good luck with your tests! Are you ok!?
9th August 2015
IMG_7248_edited-1

I'm ok. Just some RA routine labs.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb