The night before!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Valparaiso
May 14th 2012
Published: May 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Professor Jordan Kerr here and it's T-minus 24 hours till we take off for Dublin! This is the first time I'm packing my riding boots and helmet for a 3-week equestrian adventure and cannot be more excited!



Our first week will be spent in Dublin, exploring, going to equine research farms, national stud farms, the Cliffs of Moher and the Dartfield Horse Museum. And yes, we'll be doing some riding and jumping while we're there....



Next up, a ferry to Holyhead and a coach ride to Aintree where we will tour the Grand National Race Course, ala National Velvet. We will have to dub someone our official Elizabeth Taylor for the day 😊



While in Bath, we won't miss historic Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral.



Wondering if we eat and drink? Oh yes, we'll be doing lots of that. I'm especially excited for Sally Lunn's, a world famous tea and eating-house in the centre of the wonderful city and one of the oldest houses in Bath. We'll be sure to taste one of their Bath Bun's-an authentic regional specialty now known the world over. YUM!



After Bath, next stop is Beer-Devon, where we'll tour the Exmoor Pony Centre and check out the Halsdon Arabians. After a horse-filled day in Beer, we say "cheerio" to London!



While there, we will stop at the British National Horse Racing Museum, NewMarket Heath, National Stud and Tattersalls...



But wait there's more!



The next day, we're off to traditional polo match---perhaps a spot of tea with Will and Kate cheering on the ponies?



Funny part is-- we're only half-way done with our 3-week whirlwind tour...we still have to check out a world-famous 3-day eventer's farm, more historic farms, Universities and horse auctions....whewww.



Stud farms check! Race tracks, check! Riding across the countryside, check! Polo match, check! Delicious food, sights, sounds, and most of all- wonderful company-check check!



Can you tell, I'M EXCITED!



Till our next blog....OĆ­che mhaith (Goodnight in Gaelic)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb