Great day of biking and hiking


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Nashville
October 20th 2012
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Getting ready to rideGetting ready to rideGetting ready to ride

Brown County State Park
Geo: 39.2007, -86.2398

Left St. Louis last night right from work. The drive was little longer than expected due to several detours. The final leg of the drive was on a small 2 Lane Country Rd. However the bridge was out so we had to detour onto an even smaller windy 2 Lane Rd. Of course for about 20 minutes we were behind the slow-moving camper. We were really surprised at how foggy it was last night driving here in the dark. After about 20 miles behind the camper we realized it was only foggy on the hills and the camper was putting out some nice thick exhaust smoke. Finally get to two lanes and passed them before we asphyxiated.

Woke up to a fairly cold morning around 45°. So We relaxed this morning and then ventured out around 11 to do a little shopping and get a soda. Traffic in little tiny town is crazy this weekend because all the Leaf peepers are here to see the beautiful colors in the state park. Crazy people. There's also an art fair in town.

So we gave up on town and headed out to the park Around noon. So glad we did. Though a little chilly, we warmed up quickly on our bikes climbing and sliding in the slippery leaves. Had a great ride, and we decided to do a little hiking too just check out some more trails for tomorrow.

We went to our favorite restaurant in town for dinner, the artist colony, and had a wonderful meal. A little shopping afterwords and of course gelato for dessert. No room for other local favorite deep-fried biscuits. We are so predictable.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



21st October 2012

Very cool. I knew the gelato would get worked into the equation somehow.
21st October 2012

Of course gelato was necessary. I didn't bother with a photo...too redundant.
22nd October 2012

The trees are gorgeous, no wonder the leaf peepers are out in full force.

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb