Welcome 2015-Midwest Style!!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Indianapolis
February 2nd 2015
Published: February 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Rose Bowl 2015 Rose Bowl 2015 Rose Bowl 2015

Oregon Ducks WIN
My quick overview of our time in Central Illinois to Indiana & back to Chicago.

Jan 1st – traveled to Mahomet, IL stayed with Alyssa (1st cousin) & Nathan and saw Caitlin (1st cousin) & Sam as they were having a movie marathon weekend. Watched the Oregon Ducks kick Florida State Seminoles booty in the Rose Bowl which advanced the Ducks to the 1st Annual College Football National Championship Game (ahem-won't talk about the results of that game).



Jan 2nd – Bennett turned 9 months old & we traveled to his 7th state visited, Indiana. Rented from Enterprise Rent A Car in Champaign, IL and drove to Indianapolis, IN to visit Laurence & Carli and Kali’s family. We were excited to learn the news that Laurence & Carli are expecting their 1st born June 29th. Bennett had Thai & BBQ cuisine for the first time while visiting Indy. Visited the NCAA Hall of Fame.



Jan 3rd – Drove from Indy to Chicago Pitstop in West Layfayette, IN where Purdue University is located and had lunch at XXX a famous diner that was on Drive In’s, Diners & Dives on The Food Network. Bennett loved eating pickles for another 1st. It also started snowing while we were there. This was the 1st time Bennett had experienced snow and our 3 hour trip from Indy to Chicago turned into a 5.5 hour trip due to the blizzard conditions after West Layfayette. We witnessed a six car pile up, numerous vehicles in the ditch and many emergency vehicles attending to those in need. Mom & Dad met us at The Nunn’s home in the Beverly neighborhood of Chicago with the remainder of our suitcases & to see Bennett one last t.



Jan 4th – Pete felt sick and it was -17 with the wind chill. I wouldn’t have left the house if we hadn’t run out of diapers so it forced me out to CVS for cold medicine, diapers and to pick up lunch from Potbelly.





Jan 5th – flew back to PDX with an hour delay due to deicing the plane and getting snow out of the engines and once in the air the jet stream was so strong that it took an extra hour = totally 6.5 hours on the plane instead of 4.5 hours. Bennett was
Son's 7th state Son's 7th state Son's 7th state

Day he turned 9 months old
amazing and didn’t cry at all. A 17 year veteran flight attendant said he was the BEST baby ever.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb