Pit Stop


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Evansville
January 12th 2011
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

An adventure already! After crossing into Indiana the heavy wind gusts have caused us to take a 3 hour detour & delay. With the start time crunch & route uncertainty, due to winter weather advisories across the country, we were able to only get an oil change, yesterday. No time for the alignment, rotation & balancing. This brings us to Evansville's Best One Tire & the lovely Grand Traverse Pie Company, while we wait.

The gentleman softly announces 'The Duuude, your meal with ready', as soothing and sultry as Marvin Gaye. Beyond the delicious soup and specialty sandwich, I must admit, the warm slices of pie and smooth coffee is quite a beyond worthy substitute for Louisville's Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen. Amid the cozy fireplace, we talk of adventure and Brian peruses the '1,000 Places to See Before You Die, USA & Canada' edition we received from Momma & Pops at Christmas, a few years back. With such company and belly-filling goodness, we have no complaints for the delay.

Our original goal for Day 1 was Oklahoma City, but a 6 hour drive ahead to Springfield Missouri will be more realistic. Modern technology reinforces our spontaneity! Instantaneously, Expedia has offered several worth places to lay our heads this evening!

-Ranglin Gypsies

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb