Route 66 - Day 18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Woodstock
July 15th 2012
Published: July 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Medieval timesMedieval timesMedieval times

Where's the silverware?
The solar charger gave the car enough juice this morning to turn on the clock radio, but not enough to turn over the ignition. A jump from one of our neighbors got us started in time to head out to Schwamburg for an oil change, a Jamba Juice and an early dinner at Medieval Times.

We sat in the front row and rooted for the Red and Yellow knight. Part of the expirence is eating dinner without utensils. Michelle was a little hesitant at first but ended up trying everything but the dessert. The server had "dragon" names for most of the dishes; Dragon Breath Soup (tomato soup), Roast Baby Dragon (tastes like chicken), Dragon Fingers (spare ribs). The show was good and even though our knight did not win he did give Michelle one of the carnations he had. Michelle was suitably impressed.

In all it was a fun day with some rest worked in. We'll get mostly packed up tonight and try to head out early tomorrow for Newton, IA, the first stop on our westerly trek home. the next few days will be uneventful as we make a pretty much straight shot for Mount Rushmore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Ready for the showReady for the show
Ready for the show

Anne and Michelle ready to cheer on the Red and yellow Knight.
Honored by the knightHonored by the knight
Honored by the knight

Michelle cheered loudly enough to get the red and yellow knight to giver her one of his carnations
Lego EinsteinLego Einstein
Lego Einstein

There was a Lego experience next to Jamba Juice in Schwamburg. Anne grabbed a picture of Einstein.


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb