Finale


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Rockford
June 4th 2016
Published: June 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Finale
The Anchorage-Seattle/Seattle-O'Hare flights home were long but uneventful. The limo was right there waiting for us at O'Hare. Four weary bodies were shuttled home to Rockford. We finally settled down about two in the morning. Dave and I were out at the airport at seven the next morning, hopped in the 182 and flew to Forrest City, IA to pick up the car. Again thanks to Dick and Vera Hynes (Forest City and Cedar Hammock residents) for hosting our car in their driveway for three weeks. As we drove by the Winnebago plant we saw another hundred Minnie Winnies lined up on the staging field waiting to be delivered to who knows where. We were told that there's a great shortage of workers at Winnebago and they cannot manufacture motorhomes fast enough.

Five-hour drive back to Rockford.

Hard to summarize our adventure in a few lines but words like spectacular, spectacular and spectacular come to mind. A true adventure that we would recommend to anyone. Literally everyone that we crossed paths with was extremely friendly and interesting. We met some real characters who were very fun and knowledgeable.

Blogging was a new experience for us. The website was user friendly once we got the hang of it. Though a little time-consuming, it did serve the purpose of keeping friends and family updated, providing us with a memorable adventure diary and perhaps providing a little travel guide for future trekkers.
Mush!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb